Accessing the Arts
Welcome to Accessing the Arts – Canada’s first digital accessible arts initiative that will use open linked data to enhance opportunities for artists with disabilities and increase the discoverability of accessible arts in Canada. Our goal is to promote accessibility and showcase how communities are helping to shape Canada’s arts and culture sector. We believe that art is for everyone!
- Access to daily listing of accessible events in cities across Canada
- Accurate and clear information about accessibility at events and venues
- Ability to control search settings based on region, interests and access needs
- Market your accessible events to broader audiences
- Resources, including calls for submissions, creative employment opportunities and access guides.
We look forward to working with all of our partners on this initiative: Culture Creates, Tangled Art + Disability, Live Describe, Deaf Spectrum, Inside Out Theatre, VocalEye, Inclusive Design Research Centre (OCAD U), Accessibility Cloud, British Council, Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning, Bodies in Translation: Activist Arts, Technology and Access to Life and Re•Vision: The Centre for Art and Social Justice.
Accessing the Arts is a Creative Users Projects initiative. At Creative Users, we help to mobilize change around the way people think about disability and accessibility arts.